Friday, October 31, 2008

Can We Talk?

For the past 7 weeks I have attended a Bible study with some ladies from my church called Can We Talk? by Priscilla Shirer. Last night was the final night. This was my first time to attend a group Bible study before and I absolutely loved it. It was such a great group of ladies. I really only knew one of the girls prior to coming to the group so this was also a good time for me to meet knew people in my church. I can safely say that Lord spoke to me so much over the past 7 weeks in so many different areas. I feel like the Lord knew that this was the particular study I needed to attend out of all of the others that were offered. From day one it seemed like each topic and scripture that Priscilla coordinated for us to read was exactly what the Lord knew I needed to read, hear, think about and evaluate my life. After each passage of Scripture there were 5 things we did with the verses: Pore & Paraphrase, Pull out, Pose and Plan & Pin. This method in general has given me a whole new way of doing my devotions. I learned how to really dig in and disect each verse and then turn around and see what I am doing or not doing in order to continue to grow spiritually. I recommend this study to everyone because it can really make you think about things in a way you may have never thought of it before.
Here is most of the group on the last night of the study.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmy, what a great opportunity for you! I'm so glad you got to do this with your new friends there at Judson!
143mom