Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Update

This weekend my mom came up to visit. It was very last minute. Thanks to Ms. Peggy (whom I've never even met) for playing the piano at church so that Mom could come up. We got up early Saturday morning and went to downtown Franklin to look in all of the shops. Then we went to eat an early lunch at Meridee's Bread Basket. It's such a great little place and Mom LOVED it. That afternoon we continued on and wend shopping around in Cool Springs and Brentwood.

That evening it was finally time for me to make my Amish Friendship Bread that my friend from work gave me. She gave me 2 starters and you are supposed to do something to it every day for 10 days. Well yesterday was day 10 so me and Mom added the rest of the ingredients and finished the bread. The 2 starters made 4 loaves of bread and 8 more starters for me to give to people. I must say that I was impressed with how the bread turned out because I'm not that great of a cook. I have 2 starters left so I'm going to try it again and add a few things to it the next time.

It had such a fun time with Mom this weekend. It seemed like it went by so fast. I'm glad you had a good time Mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emilee, I had such a good time on my little vacation to Nashville with you! The bread was delicious....(by the way, I managed to kill mine before I could get it cooked, but I'd like to try again if you get more starter!) Can't wait til next time!
143mom