I am so excited because it's Fall! This has always been my absolute favorite season. I love to see all the trees turn as they turn shades of firey red and burnt orange. My absolute favorite smell comes in the fall~burning leaves. Someone should make a candle with the scent. At my house in Mississippi, we have this HUGE oak tree that can shade the majority of our yard. We have had so many tires swings hung from that tree I probably couldn't count. The only thing I didn't like about the fall when I was growing up was raking all of those leaves from the oak tree. My mom would always try to make it like a game for me and my sisters or even try to act like it was going to be the most exciting thing for us to do as "family time". I could think of a hundred different things I'd rather do than rake our yard. However, many times we would spend all day raking the leaves into the ditch forming this massive pile of leaves so that when we were done we could take turns on the swing and jump into them. This was one of my favorite 'games' we played as a kid and me and my sisters had it down to a fine art of the whole process. There were three positions for this game: The jumper, the pusher and the raker. Obviously the jumper had the funnest part. But if you were going to be the pus
her you knew you had to do a good job so that the next person would push you on the swing so you could get really high for the jump. The the raker was in charge of keeping the pile together.When we were kids, my mom was always so crafty with us and we would help us make the coolest Halloween decorations and she always made our Halloween costumes. Me and my sisters have been skunks, bumble bees, little red riding hood, pumpkins and so much more all made by Mom. I am so thankful for Mom taking time to do all of this with me and my sisters. She would take time out from doing house work or many other things she needed to do and spend quality time with me and Ashlee and Laura. I look forward to doing that with my children someday too!



1 comment:
I wouldn't trade those fun times for a million $$$! It's meant much more to me to have a million memories with y'all than a million bucks. Thanks, Emilee, for reminding me of a few of those good times with y'all.
143mom
Post a Comment