Thursday, September 11, 2008

What's with the name?

Hey friends!
Getting started is always the hardest. I thought that explaining the blog name would be a great way to start off. Many of you may know that I've always loved cutting, coloring, and styling hair and I've always said that one day I want to open my very own hair salon and call it Curl Up & Dye. Unfortunately, I can't take credit for the name (watch Runaway Bride), but this name just seems to fit with my personality and humor. One day when I open my salon I expect you all to come to me for your hair disasters you may have (like many of you already do), except then you will have to pay me for it! ha ha.

As far as "The Center Child" that's what my mom has called me since I can remember because she always told me that I was in the center of her heart! Plus, it's something different, which is what I LOVE to be!

This picture was taken a couple of months ago while I was at work. During one of the many crazy days at work, my office was occupied by someone else for a little and I was desparate for a computer right then. The only one that wasn't being used at the time was the one in our supply room. So I just pulled up a handy dandy bedside commode and finished my work. Nancy was in her office and turned around and just burst out laughing. I was so in the zone at what I was working on I completely forgot I was sitting on a toilet with my feet propped up on the cart! We all got a good laugh out of it.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Wow, You Would!!

Nancy D said...

Great blog start Em! You are a real "Nut Case" and I love ya to pieces and enjoy working with you...All the ups and downs and all arounds! Look forward to more! Kisses, Nancy:)

mom said...

Way to go, Center Chile! You're always at the center of my heart! 143mom

Ellie said...

Emilee you are just not right!!!! but we love you anyway.