I'm now an official resident of Tennessee! I spent my entire morning running around to get my Tennessee driver's license, voter's registration (Mom, I know you're proud!), emmission's test and Tennessee car tag. I had heard the horror stories of how long it takes to get your driver's license here so I was determined to get there early so that I could be one of the first one's there. When I arrived at 8:10 a.m. the line was already coming out the door. But I was trying to stay positive and I knew it was all going to be okay because I had my yummy diet coke that I would drink while I waited in line and my zune if I needed to listen to some tunes. As I approached the entrance I saw this huge sign that read, "NO FOOD OR DRINKS INSIDE THE BUILDING". Now, I have been told that I am notorious for making facial expressions that can say 1,000 words without me even speaking--I'm sure I made a fun face when I read that sign. I took my drink back to the car and then I went back to wait in line.
I finally got to the registration desk and I knew all the documents I needed to bring and I had ever so carefully set my book with all of my personal information the night before(thanks mom, it's been such a lifesaver!). Well, I handed the lady my Social Security Card, MS Driver's license, 2 pieces of mail proving my TN residency and my birth certificate...well, at least I thought my birth certificate. Somehow, I managed to get my car title instead of my birth certificate. However, I did have a copy of my birth certificate with me, but the lady behind the desk (who could easily win the prize for Miss No Personality) said that I had to have my original. So I had to drive back home and find the original copy then go back and get in line all over again. I finally got my driver's license though!!
Then I had to go to some other places for the Emmission testing and car tag place, but its all taken care of now! And now I'm off to my church for our first volleyball game!
No comments:
Post a Comment