Monday, September 22, 2008

Back from Michigan

As many of you know, I'm one who likes to squeeze everything in so that I have to miss nothing. Well, this was one of those weekends. Saturday morning at 10:50 a.m. my plane left for Detroit. I went from the airport to the salon to meet Jessica. We always have the best times when we are together. Here's the run down of the weekend. When I got to the salon, the stylist had just began (I made it just in time to supervise and put in my 2 cents if needed!). Actually Jessica is one of those gals that looks beautiful no matter what. She could have wore a side ponytail with a big ole bow and looked like a million bucks! As soon as hair and makeup was done we rushed to her house to pick up a few things for Jess and grab the iron for me and off to the church for pictures (we were like 30 minutes late, but that's never a shocker for us!) We got to the church and I saw Jon and Stephanie and many of my friends that I went to college with and it was such a great time. After the wedding we headed over to the reception that was decorated so beautifully. I also learned an apparent 'northern' tradition for receptions--everytime people 'clank' their glasses the bride and groom have to kiss. Every time I heard it I kept looking around thinking someone was about to make a toast. Luckily I wasn't the only one who was introduced to this tradition so that made me feel better. When the bride and groom left, it was clean~up time. I know that Jessica and I have met our quota for washing dishes for the rest of the year! But somehow we managed to have fun. We finally got to bed around 2:00 a.m. and it seemed like only 30 minutes later our alarms were going off to get ready for church. One of my favorite things about going up to visit Jesse is going to her church. I have gotten to know many people over the years that I've been visiting and everyone in the church is so welcoming I just feel like I'm at home. After lunch me and Jesse made a fast break to her house and got a quick 30 minute nap and then back to the airport. That was one of the fasted 24 hours I've had in a long time, but WELL WORTH IT!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm exhausted just from reading about it. Gracious!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like an exciting weekend!! Jess is so disgustingly gorgeous! :) Can't wait to see ya next weekend!