The Golden Girls is one of those shows that I rarely watch, but when I do catch it on television, I always get a great laugh watching what those four ladies always get themselves into. My favorite thing about the show is the theme song: "Thank you for bein' a friend. Traveled down the road and back again Your heart is true your a pal and a confidant. And if you through a party Invited everyone you ever knew You would see the biggest gift would be from me And the card attached would say thank you for being a friend."
My Life Group (Sunday school class) gets together once a month to go out and eat, talk, catch up and get to know each other better. I really love my group of ladies I am with. Last night we met at Chili's and it was just a small group last night, but we had a blast. I am the youngest in my class, but I think it is so much fun because the broad age range in our class brings out such variety and different perspectives to life and different stories we have. We had the best time sitting around the table laughing and talking about funny experiences that we have encountered in our lives.
I'm so thankful that God has provided me with such godly women that I can laugh and talk with, but more importantly look up to as a Christian example and listen to how they have handled problems/dilemmas in their own lives. God is so amazing!
While I was sitting beside Mrs. Frances last night, I leaned over and told her that she and Mrs. Barbara and their other friend, Mrs. Ruby are definitely today's Golden Girls, but I wasn't sure who the frouth one was...I think I've decided I'm going to be the 4th Golden Girl!
Thank you Lord, for blessing me with my 'Golden Girl' friends!



3 comments:
The 3 Golden Girls are together tonight - we may invite you sometime. Tks for all the good things you posted.
How sweet! Em, you are truly blessed with such a great variety of friends! 143mom
I love it. I want to be a 5th Golden Girl. I can't wait. Maybe we can do a panty tree even!
Post a Comment